You will discover exactly 11 steps in this blog post on how to start a blog and earn money.
This blog provides a step-by-step tutorial on how to start your own blog. Each tutorial is easy to comprehend and includes numerous supplementary guidelines to help you learn more.
Let’s begin without further ado.
How to start a blog and earn money in 2022.
Let’s begin by talking about how to build a blog and earn money.
In summary, blogging can help you do the following:
- assists you in achieving financial independence.
- allows you to live and work anywhere you desire, free from a job or a supervisor.
- helps you develop the personality of an influencer to a group of individuals.
- teaches you a variety of abilities, including writing, negotiating, and networking.
- enables you to lead a life that is more meaningful and purposeful.
Now, let’s look at how to create a blog in detail step by step. I’ll walk you through the process while pointing to my significant and extremely helpful resources.
Let’s get started on the quest for blogging success right away.
Step1: Choose the topic or niche.
The niche or subject of your blog is more crucial to the success of your blogging journey than blogs, hosting, or any other factor.
Your blog’s niche serves as its strong foundation.
Because the whole point of blogging is to address someone’s query about a particular subject or industry.
Therefore, choosing a niche is the most crucial part of blogging.
You could be asking yourself, “How can I find my niche?”
The solution is fairly obvious.
When choosing a niche, there are a few crucial aspects to take into account.
The factors are,
- Interest – Interest is the most crucial element; if you don’t enjoy the topic of your blog, your chances of failure are extremely high.
- Value – How valuable is your topic, is there any chance of making money out of it, and can you offer any products that are important to the niche you are targeting?
- Future – What is the topic’s future, for instance, if you create 15 posts today about a certain subject, think about whether or not people will be searching for it on Google or another platform in three years.
These three things combined make a wonderful niche.
Step 2: Purchase a domain and web hosting for your website.
If investing in blogging and internet marketing is the only thing you need to do to start a job or make a living from home, then it is at,
getting your website a domain name and hosting.
Perhaps you’re wondering what a domain and web hosting are and if there are any free options available.
A domain name is little more than the name of your website; it gives it a special identity.
In terms of web hosting, this is the place where the files for your website are kept online so that visitors may access it using their browsers and devices.
Types of web hosting.
Web hosting services generally fall into one of four categories.
I’ll give you a brief rundown of the various hosting types.
- Shared hosting – Shared hosting is a hosting option where several websites are housed on a single server, sharing the server’s resources in a manner similar to how multiple people may share an apartment on a single floor.
- Virtual private server [VPS] hosting – Virtual private server [VPS] hosting is a hosting option where you still share server resources with other users, but there are fewer websites stored on the server than with shared hosting. It works similarly to how a few people share different floors of a multi-storied building, with each floor housing a single website.
- Dedicated hosting – Dedicated hosting is when you fully control the server and do not share its resources with any other websites but your own; it is analogous to owning an entire structure.
- Cloud hosting – Similar to dedicated hosting, cloud hosting allows you to keep your website on numerous servers rather than just one. It’s like owning a few houses and storing your data in other neighboring buildings.
Step 3: Install WordPress and set up three essential settings.
Here are three essential settings you must set up in your WordPress account after WordPress has been installed.
- Go to settings and select permalinks and select the highlighted permalink structure for your blog.
Although the permalinks or URL structure or length does not affect SEO or your rankings in any way.
Url something like this,
Compared to a URL like this,
appears to be more attractive and inviting.
Because more people desire to click on results with a clean URL than one that looks ugly, a clear URL structure will indirectly affect search engine rankings.
- Navigate to settings and select your blog’s or website’s general name and tagline.
Your website’s official name and tagline are what show up in a google search.
- In the settings column, click on the reading section and untick the option called ”disable search engines from indexing section”.
This is the most important step because if you forget this step, keep it checked or ticked in and forget about it, then
Google and other search engines will not index your website even though you have written tens of thousands of blogs and backlinks since the setting prevents search engines from indexing your website.
Make sure the option is always selected but not checked.
Step 4: Install the website’s theme.
Choose Appearance and Themes in WordPress, then click Add New Theme.
You have two options: either look for new themes or sort the themes by your preferences.
To find the finest theme to install and use on your website, use the filter.
You can adjust the theme to look the way you want it to once it has been installed on your website.
A book is often judged by its cover.
For the website, a decent theme is usually beneficial since,
- Building audience trust requires a compelling website theme.
- The topic of the website is crucial for improving rankings and lowering bounce rates.
- The website theme contributes to authority and brand development.
You can utilize a variety of both free and premium themes on your WordPress website.
Step 5: Install important plugins and tools.
It’s time to install some essential WordPress plugins and tools.
Once the WordPress theme is installed and customized, you first install the plugin known as
The majority of your website’s on-page and technical SEO is managed by this, which is the top SEO plugin.
It is completely acceptable if you have a limited budget and choose to limit your blogging investment to WordPress and hosting.
Step 6: Customize your blog and publish essential pages.
You then release some of the most important pages, including
- terms and conditions
- about us
- contact us
It’s time to start customizing your blog so that these pages can show on your website when you first publish these crucial pages on it.
Categories can be added.
Tags can be added.
In the website’s header section, you can organize everything you choose, including pages, posts, and the specific categories you previously made.
Step7: Learn SEO.
After posting the key pages and creating the blog’s menu categories, you must master a few important SEO principles.
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process of tailoring your website or blog to the needs of search engines in order to rank well and attract visitors to your website.
There are 3 categories of SEO:
- On-page SEO.
- Off-page SEO.
- Off-page SEO.
Below, I go into further detail about each sort of SEO and its significance.
On-page SEO :
In simple terms, it is about optimizing an individual web page to be able to rank high on search engines.
Important elements are:
- Content length and quality.
- Content relevance to the search intent of the query.
- Keyword placements in important places like titles, meta description, and first 100 words.
- optimization of images.
- Url structure.
- both internal and external links
- Anchor text of the links.
In simple terms, it is about taking a few actions outside the website which impact rankings in search engines.
Important elements are:
- proper backlinks.
- domains that point to your website.
- mentions without links.
- Anchor text of backlinks.
- Reviews or ratings for local businesses.
- marketing on social media.
Off-page SEO is the process of improving a website so that search engine crawlers can index it more effectively and give it higher ranks over time.
Important elements are:
- a website that is mobile-friendly.
- Page speed.
- Robots.txt and sitemaps.
- SSL certificate.
- Broken links.
- Keyword cannibalization.
- Structured data.
Step8: Do the keyword research.
The most crucial aspect of blogging and SEO is keyword research.
Please be informed that keyword research is the process of figuring out the words or phrases that people use while searching for anything online.
Finding people’s questions and responding to them in blogs are at the core of blogging.
People often think about conducting keyword research by subscribing to pricey SEO and keyword tools and using those products to generate keyword suggestions.
You may also uncover some of the top keyword suggestions for your blog using a variety of different free tools.
The following list of 7 top free keyword research tools can help you find some of the best keyword opportunities and ideas for your site.
- Answer the public
- Google auto suggestions
- Keyword tool.io
- Hubspot content ideas
- Keywords everywhere
Step9: Start writing blogs.
once you have a list of potential keywords for your industry.
You can start blogging and posting your posts on your WordPress website.
Here are a few guidelines for writing effective content that you should keep in mind when you create your blog posts.
- For improved on-page optimization of your website, try achieving more than 80 plus in the rank math SEO score.
- Regularly space your blog posts out with bullet points and numbered lists.
- Try posting posts on your website that are at least 2000 words long.
- To make the blog easier to browse and read, divide your content into normal headings like h3 or h4.
- Bolding significant blog post lines will help them stand out from the rest of the text by drawing attention to them.
- Make sure to keep your introductions brief.
- Because tales sell more effectively than facts, incorporate them into your blog whenever and wherever you can.
- To persuade your readers and establish a connection with them, always support your claims with relevant facts.
- Maintain your blog post conversational and informal, as if you were talking to a buddy online.
Use lots of words like “you,” “I,” “you might be wondering,” “let’s get started,” and similar expressions to keep the reader’s interest throughout the blogpost.
- Use unique custom images and infographics created with Canva instead of relying heavily on stock photography to boost the likelihood that your website will rank highly and receive more backlinks.
- When it is required, use tables and charts rather than writing out your explanation because an image is worth a thousand words.
- To check and correct your grammar, use the free Grammarly Chrome extension.
Check your blog entries’ readability with Hemingway Editor, and aim for a 7th-grade reading level.
- Use Duplichecker or Copyscape to scan the blog for plagiarism.
- In order to rank for other related phrases, focus on one specific query while writing a blog article, and add all LSI keywords that are relevant and feasible.
- Aim for a score of at least 40% on the Emv headline analyzer when running your blog’s headline [title].
- A call to action (CTA), such as a request for readers to share the blog or read other blogs, should always be included at the end of a blog article.
- Avoid loading your blog with keywords because doing so could result in a Google penalty and long-term damage to your blog.
- Format your information to make it appealing by using headings like the h2 and h3 tags, the right picture sizes, and the right amount of text.
- Now is the time to hustle, work hard, and post some blogs on your website. After you’ve posted a respectable number of articles, it’s time to drive traffic to your blog and establish backlinks to it.
Step 10: Increase traffic and create backlinks.
Now that your website has a respectable number of blogs,
Here are some other effective methods for generating free traffic for your website or blog besides search engines.
- You can utilize Quora, Reddit, or any other forum website pertinent to your specialty to answer questions about it in threads where people are asking them, leaving a link to your website or a specific blog post as the full response.
- To publish your blog article on other platforms and leave a link back to your website to increase traffic to it, you can use services like Google Sites, Medium, and LinkedIn.
- Using Pinterest, you may pin the pictures and get fresh backlinks to your website or blog post with each pin.
- To increase traffic to your website or blog posts, share the link to your blog post in groups on Facebook or LinkedIn that are related to your specialty.
- You can employ social media marketing, which is paying for each person who clicks on your advertisement on social media sites like Facebook or LinkedIn, to generate sales.
- You can sign up for a free Tumblr account and use backlinks to direct visitors from Tumblr, another social media network, to your website.
- Use web push notifications to inform your subscribers that your blog has been published and invite them to check it out while including a link to your blog.
- Create an email list using lead magnets, then use that list to send out newsletters that will increase traffic to your blog content and increase sales.
- Make and upload videos to YouTube and Daily Motion, then link to your website in the description to increase traffic to your website.
- Build links to increase authority and referral traffic.
Step 11: Earn money from your blog.
You can begin monetization strategies for your blog once you’ve received some organic and social web traffic.
There are other ways to make money from blogging besides ads; here are just a few:
- Affiliate marketing
- sponsored ads
- sponsored posts
You now have all of your questions on how to create a blog and earn money addressed, from beginning to end. Whether you have started the blog or not, please leave a comment. If you find the blog to be useful, please tell your family and friends about it.
Sharing is caring.
The next time I see you. until then continue growing and learning.